New Jersey has started the process of a phased reopening, but many activities this summer will be close to home. Following the tips below can help keep your energy costs down as things heat up.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees higher on the cool setting to reduce energy use.
- Consider grilling outside or using a crock pot, which uses less energy than your electric range and keeps your kitchen cooler.
- Wash full loads of laundry in cold water.
- Switch to LED light bulbs to cut your lighting costs by 70% or more.
- Unplug electronics and turn off lights when not in use.
- Visit atlanticcityelectric.com/MyAccount to explore additional ways to save money and energy and sign up for helpful billing options, such as budget billing, which averages payments over a 12-month period to help customers manage their monthly energy bill.