Delaware and Maryland have started the process of phased reopenings, but many activities this summer will be close to home. Following the tips below can help keep your energy costs down as things heat up.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees higher on the cool setting to reduce energy use.
- Consider grilling outside or using a crock pot, which uses less energy than your electric range and keeps your kitchen cooler.
- Wash full loads of laundry in cold water.
- Switch to LED light bulbs to cut your lighting costs by 70% or more.
- Unplug electronics and turn off lights when not in use.
- Visit delmarva.com/MyAccount to explore additional ways to save money and energy and sign up for helpful billing options, such as budget billing, which averages payments over a 12-month period to help customers manage their monthly energy bill.
- While in My Account, sign up for text and email alerts to know when your usage is trending higher than normal or to receive payment reminders.