Do you need help with your energy bill this winter? As temperatures begin to drop, energy use can rise, leading to higher bills. If you’re having difficulty making a payment on your energy bill, we can help. We offer flexible payment plans and there are millions of dollars in energy assistance available for customers:
- Special Payment Arrangements: If you’re having difficulty keeping your payment up-to-date, visit atlanticcityelectric.com to learn more about our individually tailored payment installment plans and submit a request.
- Budget Billing: Avoid seasonal peaks by dividing payments evenly over the entire year. By knowing your bill amount each month, it will be easier to stay within your energy budget. Anyone can enroll in Budget Billing and there are no income requirements. Learn more about Budget Billing.
- Energy Assistance Programs: Don’t wait for winter heating bills to arrive. Apply for energy assistance today. Available programs include:
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides critical home heating and cooling assistance to those who qualify. Customers can apply starting from October 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- The Universal Service Fund (USF) helps ensure energy bills are more affordable for eligible customers. Customers can use the USF application to apply for LIHEAP benefits at the same time. Eligible customers may qualify for the Fresh Start energy debt forgiveness program, a component of the USF program, that allows eligible New Jersey households to earn forgiveness for pre-existing arrearages by making full, on-time payments on their current monthly charges. For more information or to apply for LIHEAP or USF, call 800-510-3102 or visit energyassistancenj.gov.
- The Payment Assistance for Gas and Electric (PAGE) program provides relief on natural gas and electric bills for low- to moderate-income New Jersey households experiencing a temporary financial crisis. For more information, call 732-982-8710 or visit njpoweron.org.
- New Jersey SHARES is a nonprofit corporation that provides assistance to income eligible New Jersey households with energy, telephone and water bills. Visit njshares.org or call 866-657-4273 for details.
- Senior citizens and disabled adults can take advantage of Lifeline, a utility assistance program that offers $225 to individuals who meet certain income guidelines. This benefit includes utility customers, as well as tenants whose utility bills are included in their rent. For more information about Lifeline, call 800-792-9745.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides temporary rental and utility assistance to low and moderate-income households that have had a substantial reduction in income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program offers rental and utility assistance to help New Jersey residents avoid eviction or loss of service. Call 2-1-1 for more information.
We understand that winter energy costs can be a challenge, and we’re here to help. Even if you’ve never applied for assistance before, or don’t think you qualify, contact us today. Visit atlanticcityelectric.com/EnergyAssistance for more information.