Do you need help with your energy bill this winter? As temperatures begin to drop, energy use can rise, leading to higher bills. If you’re having difficulty making a payment on your energy bill, we can help. We offer flexible payment plans and there are millions of dollars in energy assistance available for customers:
- Special Payment Arrangements: If you’re having difficulty keeping your payment up-to-date, visit delmarva.com to learn more about our individually tailored payment installment plans and submit a request.
- Budget Billing: Avoid seasonal peaks by dividing payments evenly over the entire year. By knowing your bill amount each month, it will be easier to stay within your energy budget. Anyone can enroll in Budget Billing and there are no income requirements. Learn more about Budget Billing.
- Energy Assistance Programs: Don’t wait for winter heating bills to arrive. Apply for energy assistance today. Available programs include:
- The Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP), nationally known as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. LIHEAP can help you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Learn more about MEAP at dhs.maryland.gov
- The Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) assists eligible low-income customers with their electric bills, even if they are currently without service. Learn more at dhs.maryland.gov
- The Utility Service Protection Program (USPP) protects low-income families from utility cut-offs and allows MEAP eligible households to enter into monthly payment programs. Learn more at dhs.maryland.gov
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides critical home heating and cooling assistance to those who qualify. For more information or to apply for LIHEAP assistance, visit assist.dhss.delaware.gov or call 302-654-9295 in New Castle County, 302-674-1782 in Kent County or 302-856-6310 in Sussex County
- DE 211 (dial 2-1-1) offers information and referrals to local agencies and services that can assist with utilities and other necessities, or visit them at delaware211.org.
- The Good Neighbor Energy Fund offers assistance to customers in need. To see if you are eligible, call The Salvation Army at 302-472-0750.
We understand that winter energy costs can be a challenge, and we’re here to help. Even if you’ve never applied for assistance before, or don’t think you qualify, contact us today. Visit delmarva.com/EnergyAssistance for more information.