With hurricane season in full swing, we are reminding customers of the importance of being prepared for severe weather and other emergencies during National Preparedness Month and through the remainder of this hurricane season.
To help customers plan and prepare for an emergency, Delmarva Power recommends:
- Stay connected: Customers can stay in the know about their outage status, report an outage, view estimated restoration times, and more, by downloading the Delmarva Power app at com/MobileApp on iOS or Android devices. To stay even more connected, customers can sign up for text alerts. Text “Add Outage” to 67972 to get started.
- Emergency alerts: Customers can sign up for emergency alerts that provide outage updates and severe weather alerts by visiting com/Alerts.
- Assemble an emergency storm kit: No need to wait for the first sign of trouble. Pack an emergency storm kit with items including a flashlight, extra batteries, medications, a list of emergency phone numbers, and a supply of bottled water and easy-to-prepare, non-perishable foods to last at least 72 hours.
- Know how to report an outage: To report an outage or downed wire, call 800-898-8042 or report and track through the mobile app or website at com/StormPrep. Also, make sure Delmarva Power has your latest contact information, including your phone number. This can be done on the company’s website or by calling the company.
- Electric safety: Always assume any downed wires and other electric equipment are energized and stay away. To report downed wires, call 800-898-8042. Visit the Storm Readinesssection of the Delmarva Power website for more information.
We work closely with emergency management agency partners year-round to ensure preparedness and coordination when responding to storm and other emergency events.
Launched in 2004, National Preparedness Month is sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). During the month, FEMA and DHS encourage Americans to prepare for emergencies in all facets of their lives.